KBUT Hiring Membership, Web & Assistant Operations Director
KBUT is seeking a diligent and committed individual to fill the position of Membership, Web and Assistant Operations director. Key responsibilities include managing station pledge drives, managing donor database, assisting with station technical and day to day operations and website administration. Must have strong computer and writing skills. Please submit cover letter and resume to General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 pm, Tuesday, May 31. KBUT is an EOE.
Nature of Work:
Essential Membership Duties:
- Responsible for all tasks related to KBUT’s membership and donor database.
- Administer and maintain kbut.org to reflect current on and off-air operations of the organization.
- Responsible for audio automation scheduling and audio production as needed, particularly when Program/Operations Director is not available.
Essential Web Duties:
- Sustain current organization membership base.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow membership base.
- Maintain station membership records through accurate and regular entry of member data.
- Solicit, coordinate and distribute business thank-you gifts/prizes for pledge drives.
- Order, organize and manage station logoed thank-you gifts for pledge drives.
- Produce the biannual printed newsletter & prepare member communication emails.
- Oversee email and bulk mailings of membership letters and newsletters.
- Process paid pledges.
- Implement correspondence with members and prospects including mail and email solicitations and acknowledgements.
- Prepare membership database reports on at least a quarterly basis, or as directed by the General Manager.
- Responsible for the management and cultivation of off-air volunteers for station office operations, pledge drives and mailings.
- Ovesee station membership drives in conjunction with station staff.
Essential Operations Assistant Duties:
- Create, develop and manage content for organization’s web presence (requires working with content management software)
- Coordinate web projects across departments.
- Work with key staff and special event managers to ensure that content is current per their department or event.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties, including mobile platform.
- Copy, edit and proofread all web content.
- Keep current with emerging web technologies.
- Track and report on all site metrics.
- Ensure that KBUT’s website is promoted through appropriate platforms, including airwaves.
- Program Audiovault automation system and satellite program feeds via Content Depot, as needed when Program/Operations Director is unavailable.
- Repond to technical emergencies at the station as needed in coordination with other station staff.
- Handle morning station operations when scheduled. Responsibilities include tasks such as providing weather report to morning DJ and gathering online information for broadcast.
- Serve as backup designated chief operating officer.
- Record/produce and schedule audio pieces such as news, sports and PSA’s as needed, particularly when the Program Director is unavailable.
- Maintain, manage and order station office, lighting and cleaning supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Assets:
- Attend staff meetings and key station events.
- Special projects as assigned by General Manager
- Some on-air work is required.
- Assist with office operations: answering the phone and greeting studio guests.
Compensation: Salary Range $31,000-$35,000
- Administrative experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Graphic design, web site administration and technical skills a plus.
- Radio and non-profit organization experience a plus.
(plus $250 month as compensation for health insurance)
Full time salary, exempt position 40 hrs/week
Paid vacation and holidays.